Compassionate, Evidence-Based Therapy for Children, Adolescents and Adults
Laura Petersen, M.S.W., L.C.S.W.
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
EMDRIA Certified EMDR Therapist
901 S. Rogers Street, Suite 202
Bloomington, IN 47403
Close to Hopscotch Coffee, Southern Stone Restaurant and the B-Line Trail.
Serving Bloomington, Indiana,
Indiana University and surrounding communities.
Therapy and EMDR for Children, Adolescents and Adults
Due to concerns about COVID-19, I am offering both office and telehealth sessions through a HIPPA-compliant service.
Are you or is someone you care about struggling with a difficult issue? It can be painful and unnecessary to do so alone. I invite you to contact me. I am prepared to help you alleviate distressing situations and lead a more fulfilling life.
I am a licensed clinical social worker and certified EMDR therapist with over 20 years of experience providing therapy and counseling for children, adolescents students and adults. Areas of focus include (but is not limited to) the implications of trauma, PTSD, depression, anxiety, relationship issues, academic and job performance, ADHD and health concerns. I work hard to provide you and those you care about with compassionate, supportive and evidence-based care that is always based on your strengths, rather than your deficits. I am deeply respectful of individuals of all backgrounds and faiths, and I am GLBTQ supportive.
- Individual Therapy and Counseling for Children, Adolescents, Adults and Students
- Family Counseling
- Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing Therapy (EMDR)
(To learn about EMDR and the certification process,see link below and EMDR page)
Find Help For:
- Job and Academic Performance
- College Student Issues
- Relationship and Family Issues
- Depression and Anxiety
- Stress and Chronic Pain
- Resolve Trauma (gently)
- Improve Confidence
- Develop Relaxation Skills and Resolve Anxiety
- Improve Relationships and Have the Family You Want
- Develop Better Coping Skills and Resolve Depression
- Improve Academic and Job Performance
- Manage Physical Pain and Improve Health
Summary of Credentials:
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- EMDRIA Certified Therapist, Trained Through the EMDR Institute
- Advanced Training in Treating Trauma (Both Simple and Complex)
- 21 Years in Mental Health Care
I am a provider with many major insurance companies including Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Cook, SIHO, Sagamore, Medicare, Tricare, Encore, Caresource, some HIP plans and I.U. Health. Please check your policy by calling the number on the back of your card. You may find that even if I am not a network provider for you, your payment responsibility may be comparable to using a network provider.
Co-pay is due each session once deductible is met. You may use your Health Savings Account (HSA). I file insurance claims for you.
I look forward to hearing from you!